This year I didn’t have the time to make a new video tribute to our diggers which I try to do every year. I had an urgent job to get done which had to take priority. So I slightly fixed last year’s tribute to pay my respects and show my gratitude to those who sacrificed so much so that we have the freedom we do today.
The Ode of Remembrance
- They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
- Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
- They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
- They fell with their faces to the foe.
- They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
- Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
- At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
- We will remember them.
- Lest We Forget